Traditional Soapstone Kal Satti - 2.5 to 3 Litre :
A soup maker, the Traditional Soap Kal Satti lends rich texture to the food prepared in it. Try out your sambhar or rasam in this culinary antique! This stone utensil provides divine taste to the food cooked. For best aroma and flavour, prepare your soup or rasam in this authentic utensil & garnish it with cilantro!
Serve with hot rice and savour a hearty meal!
Soapstone Cookware Seasoning Methods :
Commonly one can’t use the new soapstone cookware directly for cooking. We have to season the soapstone cookware completely and make it fit to cook. The seasoning process takes almost 10 days to finish.
- Place the Kalchatti on a mat on the flat surface (table or slab)
- Clean the surface of the Kalchatti thoroughly using the newspaper or dry tissue paper.
- Pour castor oil or any edible oil , mix the turmeric powder and apply on all sides
- Add more edible oil & turmeric powder as required
- At the end of the day, oil is absorbed by Kalchatti completely
Day 2 to Day 4:
- Repeat the first day process daily for three more days using edible oil & turmeric powder as required
- Kalchatti color changed from white to black once the oil observed completely
- Remove the excess oil from the Kalchatti using newspaper or dry tissue paper
- Use the hot water to clean completely and allow it to dry it for one full day
Day 6 to Day 9:
- For next three days pour the hot rice starch water and dip it in it for three days. Replace the hot starch water in daily basis (In-between these days don’t use the normal water or soap water, use only starch water)
- Remove the kalchatti from rice starch water and wash using mild dish wash liquid. After dried Kalchatti attains dark black color now. Initially heat must be introduced to Kalchatti very slowly . So fill it up with hot water and allow it to cool slowly
Now the Kalchatti is ready for cooking.
Note: Don’t give sudden high heat for initial few times of cooking. Never keep empty pot on the flame directly
Weight : 3.6 kg
Diameter: 22-25cm Height: 12-14cm
Capacity: 2.5 to 3 Litre
Estimated Delivery : 4 or 5 Business Days