Congratulations! You are now on the waiting list, please check your inbox for our confirmation email!
Sweet Pongal recipe (Sakkarai Pongal) Combo
Pongal (தை பொங்கல்) is a four day long Harvest Festival of South India, particularly famous celebration in the TamilNadu. For this festival, we offer you the perfect Sweet Pongal recipe combo kit to make Sweet Pongal (Sakkarai Pongal) for your family. Celebrate this Festival, with your loved ones with the taste of TredyFoods...
Sweet Pongal Recipe Combo Pack Details:
To make Sweet Pongal for 2 to 3 members use,
Sweet Pongal Recipe Preparation:
- Make a Jaggery syrup by adding chopped or grated Jaggery and water to a pan, boil it until melts completely. Set aside.
- Crush the cardamom and edible camphor (optional) together and set aside.
- In a separate Kadai or pan, dry roast the Moong lentils with low flame until it become aromatic & golden in color. Careful - Don't make them brown in color by excess heating.
- Dry roast the raw rice separately and add Moong lentils to rice, rinse well with water, drain-out and add it to the pressure cooker. Add water required and pressure cook in low or medium flame. After pressure cook, let the pressure settle down on its own.
- Once pressure releases, open and mash it well and Drain the excess water if any and add jaggery syrup.
- Mix it well and let it boil in the sim to thicken.
- Add crushed cardamom, mix well then add ghee. Mix well and continue cook in low flame.
- Heat ghee in another separate pan - add cashews first fry until the color becomes golden then add raisins and let it bubble up. Fry until golden brown. Add it to Pongal, mix well and stop heating it.
- Now you can serve Sweet Pongal recipe recipe to your family members.
Weight: 850 Grams / 1510 Grams (Approx)
Shelf Life : 3 Months
2 - 3 Business Days after dispatch (Within TamilNadu & Pondicherry)
3 - 5 Business Days after dispatch (Except TamilNadu & Pondicherry)